Call 408-374-1880 if you have any questions about any of our classes
Beginning Digital DSLR Class:
This workshop is for digital-SLR owners and photographers making the
transition from film to digital.
In this workshop you will learn the fundamentals of digital SLR photography and gain knowledge of professional techniques for creating inspiring images. The overall goal of this workshop is to learn to enjoy photography through understanding of basic camera functions and photography. By the end of this class, each photographer will be well on the way to achieving successful digital capture.
- Essential camera functions
- Shutter speeds and controlling motion
- Resolution, file types, ISO and white balance
- Basic composition techniques
- Aperture and depth of field
- Reading your meter and using exposure modes
- Camera accessories
- Using your camera manually
Portrait Lighting for Digital Photography Class:
This workshop is for digital-SLR owners who would like to learn what
equipment is needed for portrait lighting and the proper technique to get
professional quality portraits.
- The tools used. The proper lens, tripod or not, slaves, radio, infra-red, optical, sync cables, umbrella, soft-box, scrim, beauty dish, reflector, snoot, grid
- The lights used, main, fill, hair, background, and kicker
- Basic lighting setups including paramount, loop, Rembrandt, split, and profile
- Other topics will be covered as well, custom white balance, picture control, picture style, manual metering and exposure control.
Learn to Use Adobe Lightroom
Adobe Lightroom is a software application designed for photographers to manage and edit large quantities of photographs. It is an essential program for today’s digital photographers. Learning to use Lightroom as part of your workflow allows you to spend less time in front of the computer and more time behind the lens.
You will learn the basics of setting up a Lightroom workflow including:
Importing, cataloging and key wording images
Lightroom workspace tips and color calibration
Basic develop module corrections
Color and B&W adjustments
Filters, spot removal and adjustment brush techniques to improve your images
You will need to bring a laptop with Adobe Lightroom 4.0 or higher. Adobe offers a 30 day trial version you can download before attending the class. The class is 2 1/2 hours. Class is from 6:30pm - 9:00pm