Basic Lighting Techniques
This class will guide you through several different lighting techniques. The class starts with a demonstration of on camera flash. You will learn about menus and functions on your DSLR camera that will help you get better flash photographs. The class continues with a hands-on experience taking different styles of portraits during a live model shoot. The model shoot will cover both flash and constant lighting using LED lights.
During this two hour workshop, the instructor will guide you and help open your eyes to his approach of "Seeing the Light”. Explore the right tools, various lenses and a variety of lighting modifiers.
Bring your camera and enjoy a photographically enlightening seminar.
We will cover the following info:
- Use of on camera flash
- Use of studio strobe lights
- Use of LED constant lights
- Equipment: Lenses, radio triggers or infra-red triggers, synch cables Light modifiers: Umbrellas, Soft-box, scrim, beauty dish, reflector, snoot, and grid
- Lights: Key or Main, Fill, Hair, Background, Kicker
- Lighting Setups: Paramount, loop, Rembrandt, split, profile
- Custom white balance
- Camera color control
- Manual metering
- Exposure control
Enrollment is limited to 8 photographers in order to allow for the maximum amount of “hands-on” participation.
All cancellations must be made within 48 hours of class date to receive a full refund or store credit valid for future photography classes. Any cancellations made 24 hours or less from class date will not be refunded nor receive store credit.